Volunteer Background Checks
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
All Tuscarora VOLUNTEERS are REQUIRED BY LAW to have these 3 Clearances
completed after acceptance. All Clearances are good for 60 months.
DO YOU HAVE CURRENT BACKGROUND CLEARANCES?
Tuscarora will accept copies of Employment or Volunteer Clearances acquired within the past 24 months of start date if the Volunteer submits: (1) Copies of all required clearances, and (2) Signs the Non- Disqualification Statement. Returning Volunteers can contact Tuscarora if they are unsure if they have completed Clearances from the previous year.
1. PA STATE POLICE CRIMINAL CHECK
• LOG-ON: https://epatch.state.pa.us
• Click: SUBMIT A NEW RECORD CHECK (Volunteers Only) no fee.
• Follow the instructions to submit your Record Check.
• Once you receive your Clearance, you must provide Tuscarora with a copy. Email to email@example.com
2. PA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCE
Before you begin this clearance, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a payment code. We will respond as soon as possible.
- LOG-ON: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Click: CREATE INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT, or INDIVIDUAL LOGIN (if you already have an account)
- Follow the instructions to create an Individual Account, and submit a request for a PA Child Abuse History Clearance. You are applying for VOLUNTEER clearance (no fee).
- Once you receive your Clearance, you must provide Tuscarora with a copy. Email to email@example.com
3. FBI BACKGROUND CHECK – FINGERPRINTING
FBI Background Checks are waived for Volunteers who have been PA residents for previous 10
year period, as long as the Non-Disqualification Statement is signed by the volunteer.
1. LOG-ON: https://www.pa.cogentid.com
2. Click: REGISTER ONLINE
3. On PAYMENT TYPE Drop-Down Menu, Select: AGENCY
AGENCY ID PADW66603
Agency Name Tuscarora Inn & Conference Center
Address 3300 River Road
City Mount Bethel
Billing Password P156B50420
Reason Fingerprinted: EMPLOYMENT WITH SIGNIFICANT LIKELIHOOD OF REGULAR CONTACT WITH CHILDREN (Complete the rest of the application)
4. PRINT YOUR CONFIRMATION SHEET THAT HAS YOUR REGISTRATION ID # ON IT.
5. FIND A LOCAL FINGERPRINTING LOCATION Note: Some sites require an appointment, so please call ahead.
6. TAKE YOUR RECEIPT AND PROPER PHOTO ID TO THE FINGERPRINTING LOCATION YOU CHOOSE. Verify what you need to bring
7. ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN FINGER PRINTED, GIVE A COPY OF YOUR CONFIRMATION SHEET (with your registration # on it so we can access the report) TO TUSCARORA. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: EMPLOYEES WHO CANNOT GET TO A FINGERPRINTING SITE IN PA: If you cannot get to a PA Fingerprinting location, you must check the FINGERPRINT CARD USER BOX at the top of the Applicant Registration form. See example:
If you select this Box, you will NEED to pay with a Credit Card (you will not be able to use our
Agency # and Billing Passcode). Submit a copy of your receipt to Tuscarora (email@example.com) to be reimbursed.
You will need to go to a FBI Fingerprinting location in your state with your receipt and proper photo ID (i.e. Police Station). Call Ahead to schedule an appointment (if necessary) and let them know you will be bringing your own printed fingerprint cards according to the FBI Website instructions. Get 2 fingerprint cards done at that location, then send them via MAIL to 3M COGENT. (Do NOT send your fingerprint cards to Tuscarora!)
Attn: Fingerprint Card Scan PA DPW
639 N Rosemead Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
For more information on Fingerprinting, click here.
QUESTIONS? Call (570)897-6000
Paul DiQuattro (x360) or Danika Adderley (x385)
Attn: Summer Staff
3300 River Road
Mount Bethel, PA 18343
If and Clearance Reports or receipts for reimbursment must be mailed, please send to:
Otherwise, all correspondence can be made with firstname.lastname@example.org