Work Weekends | Christian Youth Group Work Weekend Program at Tuscarora Inn + Conference Center
Tuscarora offers a youth group work weekends. If you are interested in youth group work weekend program, please contact Tuscarora Inn & Conference Center.
YOUTH GROUP WORK WEEKENDS
Dear Youth Leader,
Are you looking for a way to raise money your ministry AND for service opportunities for your students? Come be a serving youth group at Tuscarora!
Tuscarora offers a great opportunity for your church. If your youth can donate a weekend of service to our guests, we will donate $50 per student to your ministry! Typically, we need 10-15 students to serve - which means your youth group has the opportunity to raise $500-$750!
This is also a great opportunity to retreat to our beautiful grounds, enjoy many of our guests amenities, spend time in fellowship, and learn valuable lessons about ministry and service.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please give us a call at (570) 897-6000 ext. 375 or email Sherry Specht at Sherry@tuscarora.org.
See you soon at Tuscarora!
You will receive a letter a few months prior to your work weekend that will tell you how many workers to bring. (A $100.00 deposit will be requested at that time- but don't worry! Once you work the deposit will be returned along with your donation!)
The Monday before you arrive, we will call to notify you of changes in the number of workers needed.
Please call us the Wednesday before you arrive to let us know how many boys and girls to be expecting and to confirm any other details.
- 10 - 15 workers are typically needed: A closer estimate will be given depending on the weekend you reserve.
- Chaperones: The donation extends to the Chaperones who also work.
- We ask that workers are 15 and up.
- Workers 16 and up may be asked to work in the Snack Shop.
- This dress code is required for all waitstaff.
- Black pants or modest knee length skirt (please no yoga pants or mini skirts).
- All white button-down shirt or blouse.
- All black shoes and black socks.
- Shoulder length hair must be tied back.
- No body piercings (with the exception of earrings for girls ONLY).
- We will provide lodging (but no linen).
- Please be prepared to bring your own towels, sleeping bags/bedding, etc.
What to Bring:
- Sleeping bag or Bedding
- Alarm Clock
- Uniform (as indicated in the Dress Code)
- We provide meals at scheduled times.
- Please clean up staff tables after eating.
- You are free to plan your own activities and enjoy the recreational facilities as long as it does not interfere with guests.
- Mount Bethel Lutheran Brethren Church welcomes your group for Sunday mornings or you can make your own plans.
- Your group will need one male and one female chaperone who will be responsible for enforcing the following rules and any other you establish. They are also responsible to help supervise in the dining room.
- Quiet Time on the grounds begins at 11:00 PM. Curfew (be in rooms) is 11:30 PM.
- NO guys in girls rooms and NO girls in the guys rooms.
- Arrive on time according to the daily schedule.
- Straighten up your rooms before departure.