1. What is your name and position at Tuscarora?
Paul DiQuattro, Operations Manager.
2. How many roles and jobs have you had here?
13 (Waiter, Dining Room Host, Grounds, Snack Shop, Summer Staff Head Counselor, Conference Attendant, Snack Shop, Housekeeping, Receptionist, Conference Coordinator, Assistant Conference Manager, Program Manager, Operations Manager)
3. When did you first visit Tuscarora?
August 1982, when I was 8 months old.
4. When did you come to know the Lord?
When I was 5 years old.
5. What is your favorite place on the grounds?
My office…just kidding. The deck of the Overlook…it has an amazing view!
6. If you could eat three Tuscarora meals forever – what would they be?
Omelets, Beef Stew in a Bread Bowl, Chicken with Onion Straws
7. What is your favorite event that takes place at Tuscarora?
Couples Retreat. Hearing Couples’ stories on Sunday morning of the work God did during the weekend in their marriages has been amazing!
8. Three favorite Christian songs?
Seas of Crimson by Shane & Shane, Joy by Rend Collective & Came to My Rescue
9. What made you decide to work at Tuscarora?
It has been a place that I loved attending all my life. After working on Summer Staff for 3 summers, I knew this was where God was calling me full time.
10. Best lesson you’ve learned during your time here?
11. What is your most treasured Tuscarora memory?
Meeting Rachel (my wife) in the Snack Shop in 2003.
12. What is the best part of your job?
I get to be involved in many areas of the ministry and dream about the future with the leadership team.
13. What is your favorite Bible verse?
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
14. What is something guests don’t know about you?
I am not Norwegian
15. How would you describe the mission of Tuscarora to someone who had never been here before?
A place where you can retreat from the daily stresses of life and be refreshed spiritually and physically
16. What is your favorite movie?
Karate Kid 1
17. What’s your most common snack shop order?
Double Dunker ice cream in a cone
18. If you could stay anywhere on the grounds where would it be and why?
Riverview Suite. I like the king size bed and the view is great.
19. What is your favorite thing to see guests doing?
Boat Tubing on the River. It is a highlight for so many guests every year and they have a blast!
20. What is your biggest hope for the future of this ministry?
That it will continue to be a place where people hear about Christ for the first time, where marriages are strengthened and people grow closer to God. We pray that this will be accomplished for many, many, many years to come.