1. What is your name and position at Tuscarora?
Lindsay Rosado, Manager of Ministry Advancement!
2. How many roles and jobs have you had here?
This is my first "real job." But I've been a camper, a counselor, and a guest many times over! I also spent five years as an RA for Junior Week.
3. When did you first visit Tuscarora?
In July of 2002, I came to my very first Teen Week.
4. When did you come to know the Lord?
I would say the seed was planted at Teen Week in 2002. That next winter, after I had joined the Bethany Youth Group in Staten Island, I came to Winter Weekend. That's when I really decided to dedicate my life to Him.
5. What is your favorite place on the grounds?
At Junior Week, we would always have counselor meetings early in the morning inside the Snack Shop. Some of my fondest memories are sitting beside my friends, getting to start a new day of ministry, and enjoying my first cup of coffee for the day.
6. If you could eat three Tuscarora meals forever – what would they be?
Chicken Nuggets and smiley face fries; eggs, bacon and potatoes; and roast beef!
7. What is your favorite event that takes place at Tuscarora?
Junior Week! The amazing work that happens that week humbles me every single year. I love that we provide a safe, fun, and exciting environment for kids to discover what they believe about Jesus.
8. Three favorite Christian songs?
My favorite songs are all hymns! And Can It Be, Have Thine Own Way, and Abide With Me.
9. What made you decide to work at Tuscarora?
When I left College, I found myself working in marketing and fundraising. While I loved my work, I wished I would be able to do it for a place I loved. There is nowhere I love more than Tuscarora! This job has been a dream come true.
10. Best lesson you’ve learned during your time here?
The things we see as impossible, God always conquers. No matter the problem, big or small, it never stops His message from reaching the ears of those who need to hear it.
11. What is your most treasured Tuscarora memory?
In February of 2012, I came to Tuscarora as a youth leader for Winter Weekend alongside my future husband Luis. We were both youth leaders at the Staten Island youth group. Serving alongside him created an amazing foundation for our future relationship and marriage.
12. What is the best part of your job?
Hearing stories everyday of how God is changing lives at Tuscarora. Simply by providing a place where people can come together for retreat, He moves mountains.
13. What is your favorite Bible verse?
Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is my stronghold, of whom shall I be afraid?"
14. What is something guests don’t know about you?
I'm gluten free, but I love to bake! Whenever I make something I can't eat, I just give it away.
15. How would you describe the mission of Tuscarora to someone who had never been here before?
Jesus made it a priority to retreat with his friends, and spend time with His father. Come to Tuscarora and do the same. Quiet your life a little bit, and hear what the Lord needs to say to you.
16. What is your favorite movie?
Right now? Jurassic Park.
17. What’s your most common snack shop order?
Moose Tracks milk shake.
18. If you could stay anywhere on the grounds where would it be and why?
The Hillside Manor. It's probably the place I've stayed the most, and I really love the smell.
19. What is your favorite thing to see guests doing?
Taking pictures! Memories made at Tuscarora should always be treasured.
20. What is your biggest hope for the future of this ministry?
That we will prayerfully follow God's call for us with wisdom, and continue to create a space where the Lord's voice can be heard.