Volunteer Background Checks
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
All Tuscarora VOLUNTEERS are REQUIRED BY LAW to have these three clearances
completed after acceptance. All clearances are good for 60 months.
DO YOU HAVE CURRENT BACKGROUND CLEARANCES?
Tuscarora will accept copies of Employment or Volunteer Clearances acquired within the past 24 months of start date if the volunteer submits: (1) Copies of all required clearances, and (2) Signs the Non- Disqualification Statement. Returning Volunteers can contact Tuscarora if they are unsure if they have completed clearances from the previous year.
Parents of minors, please sign this Consent Form before continuing.
1. PA STATE POLICE CRIMINAL CHECK
Attention! Before beginning the next two clearances, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for Payment Codes! Please include your full name, and what position you are volunteering for at Tuscarora.
2. PA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCE
- LOG-ON: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Click: CREATE INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT, or INDIVIDUAL LOGIN (if you already have an account)
- Follow the instructions to create an Individual Account, and submit a request for a PA Child Abuse History Clearance. You are applying for “Volunteer"
- The application will ask if the organization provided a code for payment. Use the payment code provided to you (see "Attention" step above)
- Once you receive your clearance, you must provide Tuscarora with a copy. Email to email@example.com
3. FBI BACKGROUND CHECK – FINGERPRINTING
FBI Background Checks are waived for volunteers who have been PA residents for previous 10 year period, as long as the Non-Disqualification Statement is signed by the volunteer.
- LOG-ON: https://uenroll.identogo.com/
- Enter the Service Code: 1KG756
- Select "Schedule or Manage and Appointment" and complete the online form.
- Employer information: Tuscarora Inn and Conference Center, 3300 River Road, Mount Bethel, PA 18343
- Use the payment code given to you by Tuscarora.
- If you choose not to request a payment code or fail to enter the payment code, you will need to pay for this service by your own credit card.
- Print your receipt from this transaction that includes your Universal Enrollment ID (UEID). You will need this receipt both for your fingerprint appointment and your final processing; do not lose it.
- Find a local FINGERPRINTING LOCATION
- The location nearest to Tuscarora is 5224 Milford Rd. East Stroudsburg, PA 18302
- Take your receipt and a valid photo ID with you to your appointment. Verify your options for ID here.
- Once you have been fingerprinted, you will receive an email confirmation. Please submit a copy of your receipt to Tuscarora as soon as possible.
Results for all clearances will either be emailed to you or mailed to the address you provided in your application form. When you receive the results, please submit a copy of each background clearance to Tuscarora as soon as possible! Failure to do so will result in a null and void volunteer application.
NOTE: VOLUNTEERS WHO CANNOT GET TO A FINGERPRINTING SITE IN PA: If you cannot get to a PA Fingerprinting location, you can select "Submit A Fingerprint Card by Mail."
You will need to go to a FBI Fingerprinting location in your state with your receipt and proper photo ID (i.e. Police Station). Call ahead to schedule an appointment (if necessary). You can ask if they provide Applicant Fingerprint Cards or if you will need to provide your own. You can download and print an Applicant Fingerprint Card here. Get two fingerprint cards done at that location, then send your Fingerprint Cards and final signed registration page via MAIL to Identogo. (Do NOT send them to Tuscarora)
6840 Carothers Pkwy Ste 650
Franklin, TN 37067
* Tuscarora has Applicant Fingerprint Cards that can be mailed to you if the fingerprinting location you go to refuses to fingerprint you on a plain sheet of paper. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to alert if you need them sent. Include your full name, position you are volunteering for and your mailing address.