1. What is your name and position at Tuscarora?
Danika Adderley - Programs and Marketing Assistant
2. How many roles and jobs have you had here?
Three! Summer Staff Supervisor, Programs Assistant, and Programs and Marketing Assistant.
3. When did you first visit Tuscarora?
December 29, 2013
4. When did you come to know the Lord?
I grew up knowing who Jesus was and what He did for me. At a very young age, around 6 when my older sister explained the importance of salvation. But I am continuing to grow in knowledge of the Lord. There have been many moments of the Lord rescuing my mind and softening my heart throughout my life.
5. What is your favorite place on the grounds?
Probably just outside the front door of the office under the magnolia tree when it is blooming in early spring. You can almost feel the life of the tree and the sweet smell of the blossoms. It makes me look up every time!
6. If you could eat three Tuscarora meals forever – what would they be?
Oatmeal! Sunday's chicken, rice and carrots and the grilled chicken Caesar salad.
7. What is your favorite event that takes place at Tuscarora?
The Mother Daughter Weekend is so much fun! I love seeing moms and daughters getting together and being silly, learning together and just having fun!
8. Three favorite Christian songs?
I'm not sure I can pick three favorites, but I like these three! Carried to the Table- Leeland; His Eye is on the Sparrow - performed by Monica Giannone; Brighter Day - Kirk Franklin. Pretty much anything that brings me to my knees or makes me dance!
9. What made you decide to work at Tuscarora?
I had never heard of Tuscarora and I think the fact that I was offered a job doing something I had never expected made me think it was a God moment.
10. Best lesson you’ve learned during your time here?
God's plans are DEFINITELY above my own.
11. What is your most treasured Tuscarora memory?
I have so many! One at the top of the list is when my husband Craig proposed to me in the bathroom of Apartment 40.
12. What is the best part of your job?
Most definitely my co-workers and friends. The fact that this job brought such amazing people into my life blows me away!
13. What is your favorite Bible verse?
Jeremiah 31:3 - Jehovah appeared of old unto me, saying: "Yea, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have drawn thee." (ASV)
14. What is something guests don’t know about you?
I am not from here and had no knowledge of Tuscarora until about 4 1/2 years ago!
15. How would you describe the mission of Tuscarora to someone who had never been here before?
Tuscarora is here to provide a safe place to relax and see God in a fresh light or in a whole new way!
16. What is your favorite movie?
I can't choose a favorite movie, but it probably involves superheroes or mystery!
17. What’s your most common snack shop order?
Strawberry ice cream in a cone.
18. If you could stay anywhere on the grounds where would it be and why?
One of the Riverview Cottages just because they open up to a view of the river.
19. What is your favorite thing to see guests doing?
I love seeing people gathered under the trees in the summer talking. I also love seeing the guests at breakfast meals! Everyone is chatting and excited for the day!
20. What is your biggest hope for the future of this ministry?
I hope that Tuscarora continues to grow to accommodate and reach out to more groups so that they have a place to call their home away from home. Or even for them to look back and say that this is where God made an impact on their hearts.